We Respect Your Privacy
The security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does The Seabreeze Hotel collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does The Seabreeze Hotel collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site, email and bookings made over the phone
- participate in a Seabreeze Hotel survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from The Seabreeze Hotel
- sign up to a waitlist or an event
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Also, from time to time The Seabreeze Hotel collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. The Seabreeze Hotel policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does The Seabreeze Hotel hold personal information?
The Seabreeze Hotel may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to “Cookies, Tracking and Advertising”) or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The Seabreeze Hotel employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by The Seabreeze Hotel as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing The Seabreeze Hotel systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which The Seabreeze Hotel may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, The Seabreeze Hotel only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which The Seabreeze Hotel collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for tickets (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- so that event operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers can use it for operational purposes;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- for business research and development of new products and services.
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, The Seabreeze Hotel may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. You can tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our office.
Who might The Seabreeze Hotel disclose my personal information to?
The Seabreeze Hotel may disclose your personal information:
- to event operators and to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. The Seabreeze Hotel discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their events by ordinary post. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact The Seabreeze Hotel’s Office directly;
- to sponsors, sporting clubs, authorised ticket onsellers and resellers who (unless they obtain a separate consent from you) use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending; and
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. The Seabreeze Hotel may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
Otherwise, The Seabreeze Hotel will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
What happens if The Seabreeze Hotel does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with The Seabreeze Hotel. For most events, you may be able to make a cash transaction at a The Seabreeze Hotel office without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that The Seabreeze Hotel holds about you and seek its correction. So that your request reaches the right person, please send it to our Office . Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Office
Our Office can be contacted by:
- e-mail at email@example.com
- phone on (07) 4955 1644
- letter to 72 Pacific Esplanade Lamberts Beach QLD 4740
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner